guess what????!! it's time for our next knit along announcement!!! woot woot! i know, i know, it's xmas and who's thinking about knit along? well....ahem...me :P i always need a fun project to focus on right after the holidays are over and i thought what better way to ring in 2013 than to have a knit along inspired by one of our favorite shows - downton abbey!!!! now i can't take credit for this whole idea, it started as a fun convo in our ravelry group and grew from there. so to my lovely knitty pals - let's do this thing!!! yay!!!
the american premier of downton abbey is the first week of january!! if you're naughty like me (streamed it online) or live in the UK you may have already seen most of season 3 but it doesn't matter, it's still gonna be fun! we thought it would be great fun to time it with the release in the states and for us all to be able to chat about the show and new season as we knit on our lovely projects throughout january.
what can you knit? well you can KNIT OR CROCHET anything that has that downton abbey inspired vibe. shawls, wraps, lace, gloves, hats, cardigans, home decor, anything that you feel fits in with the whole ambiance and aesthetic of downton abbey. don't worry if you're stumped for a pattern, i'll be doing a roundup right after xmas so you can get inspired and get your yarn and needles ready!
believe me when i tell you there are a lot of yummy lovelies to make but if you can't wait for the roundup you could plan to whip up my very own downton cowl that was inspired by the peaks of the roof of downton abbey in the black and white logo they show during the commercial breaks. it's a very fast knit and suitable for a beginner-intermediate looking to jump into an easy lace pattern. you can find the pattern here on ravelry and also in my etsy shop here.
|the downton cowl pattern - BUY NOW|
|| WHEN ||
- january 9th to february 6th 2013 (prizes will be announced the following week)
|| HOW TO SIGN UP ||
- simply enter your name in this doc by clicking on the link below to be eligible for prizes.
*you must be entered & have started a project to be eligible for the giveaway at the end of the knit along.
|| DETAILS ||
- you can KNIT OR CROCHET ANY PATTERN OF YOUR LIKING that has a "downton abbey-esque" vibe to it. for example: shawls, wraps, hats, gloves, mitts, feminine cardigans etc.
- you don't need to finish your project (though we love it if you do) to be eligible for the giveaway but you do need to start. we really want to encourage people to knit together and form a sense of community and online friendships.
- the KAL will start in line with the american premiere dates of downton abbey which is january 6th 2013. in canada check your local listings for PBS airing these as well. if you are in the UK or are naughty like me you will have already seen most of season 3 :)
- there will be a topic thread on ravelry here that you can chat away about your projects, discuss downton abbey, share patterns and more. have fun with it! i can't wait to start!
- you will also find all the posts and info about the downton abbey knit along on it's blog page here. you can find all of our previous kal's listed here as well.
- if you're not on ravelry feel free to share your pics and chat in the comments. i love when you guys comment on the blog and it's also a fun place to have convos and share your blog posts as well.
want a button? yay!
you can follow along with all things downton abbey knit along here:
you ready to curl up near the fire with a nice cuppa tea and your downton abbey kal knitting/crochet project and knit along with me? i'm so hoping you'll join me! and don't worry if you are a new knitter! our ravelry group is filled with friendly ladies who love to help out. we strongly encourage new knitters to jump in and join the fun! so what do you say? are you going to join in?