we're almost at the finish line for the summer sweater knit along ladies. i'm not happy about it though. i'm sad for the kal to end. i've been having so much fun that i think we need to do another one :) i'm also sad because my sweater has gone from something i enjoyed working on to a pain in the ass! man, oh man. who would have thought. i'm at the point now that i just want to "get it done".
|via one yarn after another|
|cartoon by morgan obrien|
|cartoon by the panopticon|
|image via knitting to stay sane|
- knitty.com on picking up stitches
- the stitch diva studios shows a great tutorial on how to pick up stitches
- one of my fave sites knittinghelp.com shows a video on how to pick em up.
- knitting daily on picking up stitches for a cast-on or bound off edge.
- great post from the crazy knitting lady with lots of pics.
- you could also find a gazillion helpful videos on youtube.com. there are way too many for me to list here :)
|cartoon via connie martin|
are you stuck on a part of your summer sweater knit along project? are you picking up stitches now? have any tips or questions? let's chat yarnies!
*all conversations about the KAL can be found in our luvinthemommyhood ravelry group thread here. you can find all the previous KAL posts here. it's never too late to join in! you can also friend me on ravlery.com under luvinthemommyhood. don't forget to email me if you blog about your KAL project, i love seeing how yours is going.
and don't forget to show our lovely summer sweater knit along sponsors some love!!
the lovely elisa is offering luvinthemommyhood readers 20% off in her gorgeous shop!! use code LTMH2011 at the checkout of her etsy shop.