this photo reminds of when i used to have the time to daydream.....1) love these little shoes and the blog as well.
2) turn a cropped cardigan into a baby cardi over on a beautiful mess.
3) struggling with a small kid's room? why not turn a closet into a sleeping area? check out this family's home tour over on design sponge. what a great idea!
4) i've been doing a lot of organizing lately and this tutorial on the mother huddle is on my to make list.
- i'm crossing my fingers that anna maria horner posts the free tute for this baby zigzag quilt sooner than later, i'm in love with it!!!
- dana from made has an adorable easter craft up over on v&co. this week.
1) sew4home has a quick little tute up for making a soft, cushy playmate for the little ones in your life.
2) i've been on the lookout for a new duvet and have recently gotten interested in making one of my own. i came across this tutorial and couldn't resist linking.
3) can we say yummy? check out this chocolate bird's nest tutorial!
4) simply modern mom has the how to for this sweet traveling placemat tutorial.
- ohhh, bunny finger puppets how cute are you?
- vanessa shows us how to use up old dryer sheets and turn them into this adorable applique.
turn a tshirt into a quick fix grocery bag over on between the lines.
this is seriously the cutest kid's bday cake i have ever seen!!! (via craftzine)ok, i could fill a whole post with my ranting over this pic, but decided to try and contain myself. i seriously got depressed seeing gisele in this pic and interview for vogue with her new baby who is like what - 6 weeks old or something? seriously, how are normal mom's supposed to live up to this? and we wonder why we get depressed?
1) if you have any hemp kicking around the house why not whip up these fun coasters?
2) pretty little hearts....isn't this quilt sweet?
3) learn how to make a staple free matchbook over at daisy janie. (via craftzine)
4) salvage an old bulletin board into this lovely patchwork one.
- get the how to for this rose belt diy and even learn how to make a matching one for your little girl.
- i doubt i'll be making any maternity clothes from now until may, but for all you gorgeous preggos out there here's a great skirt refashion!
1) this mama makes stuff turned a western shirt into this yoked girl's skirt - so friggin cute!!!
2) keep your outfits organized with this day of the week hanger tags tutorial from the creative maven.
3) great pattern for this tea towel apron over on 3 sweet p's.
4) i'm not sure i could carry off these stripes but i still love this sweater pattern from pickles.
1) the object project has a post up for a free download of one of the quilts from the e-book "sew expecting".
2) what little girl wouldn't love one of these plush ballet bunnies? get the how to here.
3) head over to bliss in a teacup to drool over these gorgeous wooden buntings! such a great take on the bunting!
4) adventures in dressmaking has a wealth of refashions on her site. check out this tshirt refab.
1) the newest free issue of viva la moda is up for our drooling purposes.
2) learn how to turn 2 pillowcases into this handy bag from the sewing dork.
3) check out this trestle bench makeover on censational girl.
4) i've been enjoying this book "alchemy arts - recycling is chic" by kate mackay and ki jennings.
things i'm luving this week:
- learn how to make a pair of custom yoga pants over on threadbanger.
- i can't wait to try some of these recipes for making your own kitchen soap. (via craft gossip)
- great diy for making fabric printer sheets out of ingredients in your own home.
- i've been on the lookout for a new booster seat and spotted this roundup on ohdeedoh.
- join in on the sock fun design contest over on "exercise before knitting".
- sew an easy t-shirt shrug with the cottage home.
- ok, i'm counting down the days till the new sex and the city movie is out, here's the link to the trailer...fabulous!!!
- i flipped over this dress refashion that melissa made along with the skirt for her daughter to match! i cannot believe these came from such an ugly dress.
what are you luving this week? do you have a tutorial you would like to see up here next week? send me an email!
p.s. if any of you featured in the roundup would like a "featured on luvinthemommyhood" button for your blog just send a quick email my way to email@example.com and i'll send you one right over - thanks for your support :)