2) creature comforts has some tips and a little diy on making your own photo topped mini-notepads, so pretty.
3) have you been eyeing butterfly chandeliers? learn how to make your own over on the mother huddle.
4) i love the idea of these rubber lace coasters, what a great and inexpensive idea!
being hugely preggo makes me have dreams at night where i feel as light as this dancer looks in this pic.
a few months ago i was on a mad hunt for a tea cozy pattern and didn't really find much that excited me. well today i came across the shop retro mama and wowsa - these are stunning! i just might have to cave in and buy this one! check out her blog too!
the long thread shows you how to make some pretty spring pieced coasters to match up with the tea cozies we're all gonna make :)
1) oh linda, you keep my to make lists so long...here's a wonderful little clutch repurposed out of a suit coat! how fab! you can check out her tute here.....
2) or linda shows you how to add an adorable zipper ruffle to give some attitude to a basic pair of flats.
3) i'm in love with these cloud shaped marshmallows.
4) "i am momma hear me roar" has a perfect tutorial to tie in with all the boy goodies floating around lately. learn how to make this hurley inspired hoodie here.
speaking of boy stuff, thimbly things has a tutorial for a soft baby book that i cannot wait to make for the little bean! i love this!
i heart pot holders. they are so fun and so addicting...almost as addicting as granny squares. i loved the latest ones over on noodleheads. something about the colour and that adorable house block just won me over. go take a peek and while you're there, check out her new craft room...i'm jealous :)
1) wanna make your own fabric wall decals? click here for the how to.
2) these pretty paper mailboxes could easily be in your home! get the tutorial to make your own over on simply modern mom, my daughter would love playing with one of these!
3) while your at it, why not make your wee one a laminated kids wallet to play store with as well?
1) one of the few fab maternity tutorials i have found during my pregnancy is this lovely little wrap top from megan nielsen, and yep, it's a free download! get sewing!
2) oh granny squares, you are killing me...i can't stop finding new ones. i absolutely adore this blanket pattern from nova made. this is next on my granny square list, the hexagons are fab! (via whip up)
3) fun with mama shows us how to add crawling knee pads to our little ones pants.
4) one of my fave blogs to read "a beautiful mess" has a great diy for a quirky bunny doll, i love that big ol sloppy grin on his face!
5) ummmm....bakerella....red velvet cake...need i say more? please wipe the drool off of my face....
1) i love the blog kenziepoo and was super excited to read that she is starting an ezine that will be debuting in the spring entitled "la petite magazine". can't wait!!!! her blog is always filled with fab finds for kids, i can only imagine how addicting the mag will be!
2) spruce up a simple top with some spring time flair! find out how here.
3) get the tutorial to change your place mat into a fresh handbag over on little birdie secrets.
4) need a swaddle blanket for your new baby? prudent baby has a new free tutorial up so you can make one of your very own.
5) make a charm pack reversible purse with moda bake shop.
two of my fave lady quilters in the whole world have great tutes up this week! i only dream of one day being able to quilt as well as these two uber-talented women. i bow down to you two girls....check out vanessa's scrapbuster banner tute here or join in on rachel from ps i quilt's pinwheel sampler quilt along.
things i'm luving this week:
- that this site has started up - "the modern quilt guild".
- oh my poor heart, i just spotted the new orla kiely spring/summer 2010 collection and i'm in love!!!
- this square flower embellished shirt tute over on smashed peas and carrots.
- spiffy up your empty wipes container by turning it into a clutch with this how to over on "shannon makes stuff".
- all the fun tent tutorials over at obsessively stitching for tent week.
- pink picket fence the blog now has a pretty new etsy shop! go take a peek and drool over her goodies! congrats!
- jessica from happy together has a new pattern up in her shop for a cute mod tie shirt pattern.
- the new beta "makers market".
what are you luving this week? do you have a tutorial you would like to see up here next week? send me an email!
p.s. if any of you featured in the roundup would like a "featured on luvinthemommyhood" button for your blog just send a quick email my way to email@example.com and i'll send you one right over - thanks for your support :)
don't forget to vote!!! there's only 4 days left to show your love :)